Pizza Napoli (Anchovy Caper Pizza)
- 1 batch of Giada’s pizza dough, or 1 pound of store-bought pizza dough
- 1/3 cup passata or tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into ½” thick rounds
10 to 12 tinned anchovy filets, such as Armatore
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh basil, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Dust a rimmed baking sheet lightly with flour. Place the pizza dough on the flour and gently stretch and form the dough into a 12 by 13-inch oval using your fingertips.
- Spread the passata evenly over the dough, leaving a border empty for the crust. Sprinkle the oregano over the passata. Evenly disperse the fresh mozzarella around the sauce. Top with anchovies and capers.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until the crust appears fully cooked. Set the oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes if needed, until the crust turns a deep golden brown. Be careful to not burn the crust.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven to a cutting board and drizzle with olive oil and fresh basil, if desired.