Pistachio Swirl Brownies
1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- About ½ cup Pistachio Spread, such as Agrimontana, for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl using the microwave in 20 second increments until just melted, about 40 seconds. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Place dollops of the pistachio spread around the top of the batter. Using a butter knife or small offset spatula, swirl the pistachio spread around. Leave large streaks and don’t fully mix the spread into the brownies.
Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 19 grams
- 3 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 47 milligrams
- 51 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 13 grams