You must be signed in to print this content
Salted Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies
Giada De Laurentiis
1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup bitter sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon flake salt
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl using the microwave in 20 second increments until just melted, about 40 seconds. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla until incorporated. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture until a few streaks of dry ingredients remain. Add the chocolate and fold a few more strokes to incorporate. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the flake salt and turbinado sugar. Bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 28 grams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 44 milligrams
- 113 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 21 grams