Orecchiette with Almond Pesto and Broccoli Rabe
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided, plus more for the pasta water)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (blanched and cut into 1 inch)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (diced into 1/3 inch pieces)
1 pound orecchiette pasta
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Baby Shower Brunch.
- Add the almonds to the top of a food processor. Pulse 5 or 6 times until finely chopped. Add the basil, olive oil and half of the salt. Puree until combined and almost smooth. Pour the pesto into a large bowl. Fold in the cheese, broccoli rabe and diced mozzarella and toss well to combine.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Add the orecchiette and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or a pasta spider, remove the pasta from the water and add directly to the bowl with the pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella. Add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss everything together until evenly coated. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 47 grams
- 27 grams
- 42 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 53 milligrams
- 860 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 3 grams