You must be signed in to print this content
Orange-Scented Almond and Olive Oil Muffins
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2/3 cup sugar (135 grams)
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- Grated zest of 1 medium orange
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (at room temperature (160 grams))
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (48 grams)
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat (2% yogurt, at room temperature (55 grams))
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (5 grams)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (5 grams)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 grams)
- 2/3 cup almond flour (64 grams)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder (6 grams)
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (toasted (see Cook's Note))
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed, in a medium bowl, beat the sugar and the eggs together until pale and thick, about 2 minutes. Beat in the orange zest and juice, olive oil, yogurt, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour and almond flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In batches, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just blended. Stir in the almonds. Pour heaped ? cupfuls of the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 23 grams
- 5 grams
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 47 milligrams
- 76 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 13 grams