You must be signed in to print this content
Instant Pot Turkey Bolognese
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 small or one large carrot (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 large celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark meat preferred)
- 1 pound raw Italian turkey sausage (casings removed)
1 25- oz jar marinara sauce, such as Bio Orto
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig of basil (plus more chopped for serving)
- Set the Instant Pot setting to the saute mode.
- Once hot, add the olive oil. To the oil, add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir occasionally and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and turkey sausage to the pot, along with another 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon while stirring. Cook, stirring often until the meat is cooked through and there is no pink remaining, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and oregano and bring the sauce to a simmer. Nestle the sprig of basil in the sauce.
- Lock the lid onto the instant pot, and set it to pressure cook mode on high for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and then quick release.
- Serve hot with pasta, polenta, or spaghetti squash. Top with chopped basil and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- 31 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 111 milligrams
- 1034 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams