Herbed Turkey Caesar Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 5 chives (chopped fine)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Skin from 1 turkey breast or 1 whole rotisserie chicken
- 3 hearts of romaine (bottoms removed and halved lengthwise)
- 1 head radicchio (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey or rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the anchovy paste, garlic, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Fold in the chives and Parmesan and set aside to let the flavors mingle.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Spread out the turkey skin on a rimmed baking sheet and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate and let the skin cool before breaking it into smaller pieces.
- Preheat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the romaine and radicchio leaves on all sides with the olive oil and season with salt. Grill the lettuces about 2 minutes per side or until they are nicely charred and slightly wilted. Remove to a cutting board and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- Place the turkey in a large serving bowl and toss with 1 or 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Add the lettuce leaves and ¼ cup more dressing and toss well to coat. Add the cheese and toss again. Top the dressed salad with the crispy skin and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- 12 grams
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 33 milligrams
- 381 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 1 grams