You must be signed in to print this content
Grilled Tuscan Style Burgers
- 1 red onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chuck
2 tablespoons Dario Cecchini mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 potato buns, lightly toasted
- Mayonnaise, additional mustard or ketchup
- Prepare a grill or heat grill pan to medium high heat.
- Slice the red onion into 1/3 inch rings. Place them on the hot grill and season them with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook the onions, flipping halfway through, until lightly charred and softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground beef with the mustard and rosemary. Mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Divide into 4 equal pieces and form into patties. Season evenly on both sides with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and the pepper. Place the burgers on the preheated grill and cook to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium. Top the burgers with 1/4 cup of cheese for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Divide the arugula on the bottom halves of each bun. Top with a burger and divide the onions on top of the burgers. Garnish with condiments of your choice and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 32 grams
- 52 grams
- 21 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 140 milligrams
- 701 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 7 grams