Grilled Artichokes with Parsley Vinaigrette
Giada De Laurentiis
- 6 fresh artichokes
- 2 lemons halved (plus 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim the stem from each artichoke to 1-inch long, then bend back and snap off dark outer leaves. Cut top inch of artichokes with serrated knife. Using a vegetable peeler, peel dark green areas from stem and base of artichoke. Quarter each artichoke. Using a small, sharp knife, cut out the choke and remove the purple, prickly tipped leaves from the center of each wedge.
- Place finished artichokes in a large bowl of cold water and squeeze 2 lemons into the water and stir. Continue with remaining artichokes.
- Once finished, drain the artichokes and place into boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain the cooked artichokes and place onto preheated grill. Cook until tender and lightly charred in spots, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, add remaining lemon juice (1/3 cup) parsley, garlic and salt and pepper, to taste. Gradually drizzle in olive oil.
- Toss or drizzle the grill artichokes with the garlic/parsley mixture and serve.