Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup roasted almond butter
- 3 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, depending on personal taste
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork until only a few lumps remain. Add the egg and mix until smooth. Using the fork, whisk in the almond butter, coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla until smooth and incorporated. Add the almond flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Use a rubber spatula to stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups – it should fill about 22 cups. Evenly sprinkle the tops with the chopped walnuts. Bake the muffins on the middle rack until the tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out with no crumbs attached, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
These will keep for 4 days at room temperature, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
- 33 grams
- 6 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 11 milligrams
- 220 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 18 grams