The Healthier Wedge Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce
- ½ cup smoked almonds (chopped)
- ⅓ cup crumbled Gorgonzola dolce
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and dill. Allow to sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator to let the flavors mingle. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the radicchio into 6 wedges and drizzle with the olive oil and salt. Place the wedges on the grill and cook for 2 minutes per side or until slightly browned and wilted. Place the wedges on a platter.
- Meanwhile, quarter the romaine and nestle it in between the wedges of radicchio. Dollop the dressing around the platter and scatter the smoked almonds and Gorgonzola over the top.