You must be signed in to print this content
Broiled Salmon with Fennel Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- Four 6-ounce pieces center cut skinless wild salmon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb (thinly sliced on a mandoline)
- 1 medium watermelon radish (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
For The Salmon:
For The Salad:
- This recipe originated on Giada’s Holiday Handbook. Episode: Live Well Party.
- For the salmon: Preheat the broiler to high and set an oven rack on the top third of the oven if your broiler is on top.
- Place the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the pieces evenly with the salt and drizzle both sides with the olive oil. Broil until the fish flakes easily but is still moist inside, 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon. Remove to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- For the salad: Meanwhile, soak the fennel rings and radish matchsticks in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes. Drain well and spin or pat dry. Whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar,
- Dijon and salt in a medium bowl. Add the fennel, radish and basil to the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Place a small mound of salad in the center of each of 4 plates. Top with a piece of salmon and a pinch more salad.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 4 grams
- 35 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 94 milligrams
- 992 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 1 grams