You must be signed in to print this content
Fregola Pasta Salad With Citrus
Main Course pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, (zested)
- 8 cups chicken broth
1 pound fregola pasta, (or orzo)
- 1 orange, (cut into segments)
- 1 pink grapefruit, (cut into segments)
- 1 small red onion, (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds, (lightly toasted)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the orange oil:
For the salad:
- For the orange oil: Combine the olive oil and the orange zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the salad: Bring the large saucepan of chicken broth to a boil over high heat. Add the fregola pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain pasta onto a large baking sheet. Spread to a single layer and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a small knife cut the skin off the orange and grapefruit. Over a large bowl, cut out the segments of the citrus flesh and catch the juices. Add the onion, mint, basil, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and cooled fregola pasta.
- Add the reserved orange oil to the pasta. Toss all the ingredients together and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 69 grams
- 12 grams
- 20 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 1540 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 10 grams