Focaccia with Fennel and Clementine
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound pizza dough
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 large or 2 small clementines (sliced thin)
- 1 small fennel bulb (shaved thin on a mandolin)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon flake sea salt (for sprinkling)
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 3. Impromptu Party.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a small, rimmed baking sheet, about 9 X 13, brush 2 tablespoons of the olive oil around the bottom and sides of the pan. Stretch the pizza dough to fit the pan, pushing out the dough with your hands as needed. Using a pastry brush, cover the top of the dough with the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Evenly distribute the tangerine slices, the shaved fennel and the fennel seeds, pushing the items gently into the dough using your finger tips. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and drizzle with an additional teaspoon olive oil if desired.
- Bake the focaccia until golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.