Fennel and Yogurt Purée
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound fennel (cut into 1-inch pieces (1 large or 2 small bulbs))
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons 0% plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- Carrots (cucumbers, peppers, and pita chips, for dipping (optional))
- In a medium saucepan, cover the fennel with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon salt. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the fennel well and place in a food processor. Add the oil, yogurt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Purée until smooth, scraping down the sides or the processor as needed. Serve warm as a side dish or cool down completely and serve as a dip for crudités and pita chips.