Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup skinned hazelnuts (toasted (about 4 ounces))
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Toasted baguette sliced
- Sliced fruit (such as apples, pears, pineapple and/or bananas)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Grind the nuts in a food processor until pasty (the nuts will be stuck to the sides of work bowl), 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the condensed milk, honey and salt. Blend well, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add the cooled chocolate and pulse until combined. Transfer the spread to a small bowl.
- Serve with the toasts and sliced fruit.