Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds assorted tomatoes
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (drained and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- This recipe originally appeared in Everyday Italian by Giada De Laurentiis, Clarkson Potter, 2005.
- Whisk the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to blend.
- Cut the regular tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices and the plum tomatoes into wedges. Cut the cherry, grape, and teardrop tomatoes in half.
- Arrange the tomatoes and cheese on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over. Sprinkle with basil and additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 5 grams
- 7 grams
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 321 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 3 grams