You must be signed in to print this content
Candy Corn Pizza
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pizza dough
- ½ cup jarred marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 to 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 orange bell peppers (diced)
- 1 yellow tomato (halved and sliced thin)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush 2 straight-sided baking sheets with the olive oil. Divide the dough evenly into 2 pieces, and roll each piece into an 8-inch round. Place the rounds on the 2 oiled baking sheets.
- Spread ¼ cup of sauce on each round of dough and sprinkle evenly with the shredded mozzarella and Parmesan. Using 1 to 2 pieces of mozzarella per pizza, make a small white circle in the middle of each pie. Follow that by a ring of orange, using the bell pepper. Last, place a ring of yellow tomato around the outside border.
- Sprinkle both pies with salt and oregano and bake for 25 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the pizzas are golden and the cheese is melted.