Arancini Di Riso
Giada De Laurentiis
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 2 large eggs (beaten to blend)
- 2 cups Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 ounces mozzarella (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- Pour enough oil in a heavy large saucepan to reach the depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the eggs, risotto, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs in a large bowl to combine. Place the remaining breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Using about 2 tablespoons of the risotto mixture for each, form the risotto mixture into 1 3/4-inch-diameter balls. Insert 1 cube of mozzarella into the center of each ball. Roll the balls in the bread crumbs to coat.
- Working in batches, add the rice balls to the hot ail and cook until brown and heated through, turning them as necessary, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the rice balls to paper towels to drain. Season with salt. Let rest 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 20 grams
- 11 grams
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 58 milligrams
- 340 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 4 grams