Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 750mL bottle white rum
- 1 teaspoon dried Calabrian chili flakes (or regular red pepper flakes)
- 40 mint leaves (plus more for garnish, about 1 small bunch)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup Calabrian chili infused rum
- 2 cups club soda
For the rum:
For the cocktail:
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 2. Hidden Talent Party.
- Place the chili flakes in the bottle of rum and allow to steep for 24 hours, inverting the bottle every so often to agitate the chilies. Strain out the chili flakes and store in an airtight bottle.
- In the bottom of a shaker or mixing glass, lightly bruise the mint leaves with a muddler. Add the lime juice and sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the rum and a few cubes of ice. Stir to combine about 30 stirs. Pour the entire contents into a tall glass and top with the club soda. Garnish with the mint sprig and serve with a straw.