Cacio e Pepe Vinaigrette
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Big Game Bar Hop.
- Toast the pepper in a small saucepan until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the olive oil and heat until bubbles come to the surface. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. (This can be done up to 1 week in advance.)
- While the oil is cooling, macerate the shallots in a bowl with the lemon juice, vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt to remove potency. Slowly whisk in the pepper oil until emulsified. Add the Parmesan and pecorino, stir to combine.