Truffle Cacio E Pepe (Cacio E Pepe E Tartufo)
Cacio E Pepe E Tartufo
1 pound pasta, such as bucatini
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon truffle oil, plus more, for drizzling at the
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for finishing, if desired)
- 1 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese (plus more for finishing, if desired)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta for 8 minutes (or just 2 minutes under the suggested cooking time). Drain well, reserving at least 1½ cups of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large straight sided skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and truffle oil. Cook stirring with a spoon under the butter has melted. Add the pepper and toast, stirring often, until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the pan and stir until combined.
- Add the pasta to the pan, and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and Pecorino cheese. Add another 1/2 cup pasta water and stir to coat all of the pasta in the cheese. Stir to combine to create a light creamy sauce. Add additional pasta water as needed to maintain the light sauce consistency. Serve with more grated cheese and a drizzle of truffle oil if desired.