You must be signed in to print this content
Baked Caprese Crostini
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 loaf baguette (cut into 1/2-inch thick slices (about 30 to 36 slices))
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 Roma tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh mozzarella (sliced)
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves (stemmed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the sliced baguette bread on a baking sheet. Brush with some of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Top each slice of bread with a slice of tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each slice of tomato with a slice of mozzarella and sprinkle with salt. Return the baking sheet to the oven until the cheese and tomato are warmed, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the toasts on a serving platter. Top each toast with a basil leaf. Using the brush, drizzle the remaining olive oil over the basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 19 grams
- 19 grams
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11 grams
- 56 milligrams
- 638 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams