You must be signed in to print this content
Watermelon, Strawberry and Tequila Agua Fresca
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 pounds cubed watermelon (about 6 cups)
- 4 cups diced stemmed strawberries (measured from 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime, plus extra as needed)
- 3 whole strawberries (halved)
- 6 lime wedges
- Six 1-inch cubes watermelon
For The Agua Fresca:
For The Garnish:
- Toss the watermelon, diced strawberries, sugar and salt in a large bowl to blend. Let stand until the sugar dissolves and a syrup forms, stirring occasionally, at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the fruit mixture with the tequila and 2 teaspoons of the lime juice, combining each batch in a large pitcher. Stir to blend. Add more lime juice if desired. Refrigerate until very cold, at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
For the garnish:
- Thread 1 strawberry, 1 lime wedge and 1 watermelon cube onto 6 skewers. Divide the agua fresca among 6 chilled glasses. Stick a skewer with garnishes into each drink and serve.