Tilapia Tacos With Mango Avocado Salsa
Giada De Laurentiis
- 8 6- inch corn tortillas
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 3 tilapia fillets (about 8 ounces total, cut into 3/4-inch pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado (halved, pitted and flesh cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 mango (peeled and flesh cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped baby arugula
3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For The Filling:
For The Sour Cream:
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Drizzle the tilapia filets with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange half the fish in a single layer in the pan and cook 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat with the remaining fish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, the lime juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the avocados, mangoes, scallions, arugula, and cilantro. Toss until all the ingredients are coated.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and wasabi powder with 1/2 teaspoon of salt until smooth.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet or the oven.
- Divide the mango avocado salad among the centers of the tortillas. Top with the fish and 1 or 2 teaspoons of the wasabi cream and serve.