Sweet Potato Hummus
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed and peeled)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (drained)
- 1/4 cup toasted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon zaatar spice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet and pierce it a few times with the tip of a knife. Bake the potato for about 1 hour or until tender all the way through. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a small skillet warm the oil and garlic over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the garlic is lightly browned and soft. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of a food processor add the chickpeas, almond butter, lemon juice, salt and cooled garlic and olive oil. Puree until smooth. Scoop the flesh of the sweet potato into the processor and puree again until combined and smooth. Remove the hummus to a bowl and stir through the zaatar leaving a little swirl. Serve drizzled with olive oil alongside pita chips as desired.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- 4 grams
- 18 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 873 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams