Sweet and Savory Kale Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled, halved and cut into 1/3-inch half-moons)
- One 14-ounce bag frozen pearl onions (thawed and well drained)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 Honeycrisp or Fuji apple (cut into 1/4-inch half-moons)
- Half 5-ounce container baby kale
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
For The Dressing:
For The Salad:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Giada's Turkey Day Feast.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the pomegranate molasses, vinegar and mustard. Pouring in a steady stream, whisk in the olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. (The dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance.)
- For the salad: Scatter the sweet potatoes and pearl onions on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Roast until the potatoes are tender throughout and beginning to brown, about 35 minutes, tossing halfway through. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the apples, baby kale and the dressing to the bowl, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using two wooden spoons, toss gently to combine and coat evenly in the dressing.
- Sprinkle the salad with the pomegranate seeds before serving.