You must be signed in to print this content
Sweet and Crunchy Broccoli Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 4 cups chopped broccoli in 1/2-inch pieces (from about 2 heads)
- 8 ounces pancetta (cut into 1/3-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted, chopped)
- 1/2 cup crumbled aged gorgonzola
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Potluck Party.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Set up a bowl of ice water alongside. Add the broccoli to the pot and blanch for 1 to 2 minutes, just until bright green and crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove the broccoli to the ice water to shock. Drain well.
- Place the pancetta in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until crispy and browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the mascarpone, mayonnaise, cider vinegar and salt. Add the broccoli, pancetta, reserved fat, cranberries, walnuts and gorgonzola. Toss well to coat and combine.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- 3 grams
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 158 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 4 grams