Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil, (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 8-ounce London Broil or Top Sirloin steaks, trimmed and pounded 1/8-inch thick
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Special equipment: 4 (4-inch skewers)
For The Breading:
For The Filling:
- For the breading: In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut the steaks in half crosswise and place on a work surface. Spread the mixture evenly over the steaks. Roll up the steaks and secure with skewers.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over medium heat. Roll the steaks in the bread crumb mixture until coated and add to the skillet. Cook the steaks until brown on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the marinara sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Simmer, turning occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes for medium-well.
- Remove the skewers, place the steaks on a cutting board and slice thinly. Arrange the steak slices on plates and serve with the marinara sauce.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 21 grams
- 44 grams
- 31 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11 grams
- 108 milligrams
- 786 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams