You must be signed in to print this content
Main Course Side Dish
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pound frozen spinach, (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour, (plus 1 cup for coating)
- 1 jar store bought marinara sauce, (heated, or homemade Pomodoro)
- Basil, for topping, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks. Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and 5 tablespoons of flour. Form mixture in to small, flattened balls.
- Add the extra cup of flour to a separate small bowl. Dredge the formed gnudi in the cup of flour to coat, tapping off the excess. Slide the coated gnudi into the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan, work in batches if necessary. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
- Gently pour the marinara or pomodoro on a platter, or individual serving plates. Arrange gnudi on top. If desired, top with basil and extra Parmesan.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- 17 grams
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- Trans Fat
- 1 grams
- 155 milligrams
- 757 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 1 grams