You must be signed in to print this content
Slice-and-Bake Turkey Cookies
Giada De Laurentiis
- One 16.5-ounce package slice-and-bake sugar cookie dough
- Three to four .67-ounce tubes orange decorating gel or icing
- 84 pieces candy corn
- Three to four .67-ounce tubes black decorating gel or icing
- 24 bittersweet chocolate chips
- 24 thin pretzel sticks (optional)
- As seen on: Giada's Holiday Handbook, Episode 2. Classic Thanksgiving.
- Bake the cookies according to package directions and cool completely.
- Make the turkey feathers by drawing a zigzag pattern along the edge of half of a cookie with the orange gel. Place 7 pieces of candy corn, pointed-side in, along the zigzag to hold in place. Just below the feathers, make the face: squeeze 2 dots of the black gel for the eyes and a small \"V\" just below the eyes for the beak. Place a chocolate chip over each dot of gel to finish the eyes. Below the face, draw two legs with the black gel, draw 2 parallel, vertical lines and 3 toes coming off of each leg. Break the pretzels to the size of the legs and adhere them to the black gel. The first turkey is complete! Repeat for the remaining cookies.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 9 milligrams
- 5 grams