You must be signed in to print this content
Roasted Squash with Cherries And Pistachios
Giada De Laurentiis
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds acorn squash (halved, seeded and cut into wedges)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic (unpeeled and smashed)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 ounces crumbled gorgonzola dolce cheese
- This recipe originally appeared in Giada In Italy. Episode: Sunday Supper.
- Show: Giada in Italy
- Episode: Sunday Supper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Place the squash wedges on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the rosemary and garlic. Cover the tray tightly with a sheet of foil. Bake until the tip of a knife goes into the squash easily, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Drizzle three-quarters of the vinaigrette over the squash and allow it to cool and absorb the dressing for about 10 minutes.
- Add the arugula, pistachios and cherries to the remaining vinaigrette. Toss gently to coat. Place the marinated squash wedges on a platter and top with the dressed greens. Sprinkle with the gorgonzola and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 33 grams
- 9 grams
- 29 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 14 milligrams
- 703 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 4 grams