Peel-and-Eat Pepper Shrimp
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage 2 percent)
- 2 tablespoons capers (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound large shell-on shrimp
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns (cracked or chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
For The Dipping Sauce:
For The Shrimp:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Summer Sunday Supper.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, capers, agave, lemon zest, cayenne and salt. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- For the shrimp: In a medium bowl, mix together the shrimp, olive oil, black pepper, pink pepper and salt. Toss well to coat. Spread the rosemary sprigs on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the shrimp on top. Bake until the shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, 8 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp alongside the dipping sauce, with lemon wedges and a separate bowl for the shells.