You must be signed in to print this content
Mostarda Glazed Roasted Chicken
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed then quartered
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 4.5 pound chicken, innards removed and spatchcocked
2 tablespoons Dario Cecchini Mostarda
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the potatoes, fennel, and shallots to a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and the dried oregano and mix evenly to combine. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken dry completely using a few paper towels. Season the underside of the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Flip the chicken over and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Tuck the wings behind the breasts. Drizzle the chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle the remaining teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Scatter the seasoned vegetables on the baking sheet around the chicken. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven to roast for 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and flip the vegetables. Use a silicone brush to coat the chicken skin with the mostarda. Return the pan back to the oven for another 15-20 minutes, until the mostarda is bubbly and caramelized and the internal temperature is 155 degrees F in the breast.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving with the vegetables.