Lemon Honey Dijon Chicken
Lemon Honey Dijon Chicken
Giada De Laurentiis
3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from ½ a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 6 skinless (bone-in chicken thighs)
3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 large fennel (halved and sliced)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large resealable bag, combine the honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the chicken thighs to the marinade. Seal the bag and massage the chicken with the marinade to coat well. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Add the rosemary, fennel and onion in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and season with the remaining salt. Toss well to coat. Spread the vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken pieces on top of the vegetables allowing the marinade to drip off before adding to the pan. Bake for 50 minutes, basting with any remaining marinade every 10 minutes for the first 20 minutes. The chicken should be golden brown and cooked to 165 degrees F. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving topped with the softened vegetables.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 20 grams
- 34 grams
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 161 milligrams
- 1140 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 14 grams
13 reviews & comments
Winner winner… This recipe is so easy to pull together – but the complex flavor makes it seems like you tried so much harder! The whole family loves it…it is now part of our regular rotation. i have made it at least 6 times- the recipes always delivers. thanks Giada!!
Made this tonight….delish!!! I did take off the skin and mad with yokan gold roasted potatoes and broccoli we loved it!!!
This was a wonderful recipe. My 14 year old picky eater had two servings! Nay was able to marinade for 2 1/2 hours but it was still fantastic. The fennel and onion was delicious and the flavor was so subtle. Can’t wait to make this again! Thank you!!
This dish was delicious. The interplay between the Dijon mustard and honey gave the chicken a sweet, spicy flavor where neither flavor as overpowering. Adding in the onion and fennel broadened the flavor profile. For those who aren't sure of fennel, you should give a try. It does not come across strong but rather blends well with the onion. We used skin on – bone in thighs that only took 40 minutes to cook. This recipe is worthy of dinner with guests.
I was so excited to try this dish! My fiance was a little skeptical of the fennel and he ended up loving it. Everything was so flavor and melt in your mouth. Love the fact that I have more for dinner tonight!
I was so excited to try this dish! My fiancé was a little skeptical of the fennel and he ended up loving it. Everything was so flavor and melt in your mouth. Love the fact that I have more for dinner tonight!
So delicious & easy.. I love anything lemon . Love fragrant rosemary& fennel as well. I will make this again when I visit my girls and granddaughters. My son in law loves anything lemon and anything Giada.!! It will be a favorite I’m willing to bet .
Love the recipe and it came out great. Very declious. Will make it again might try it other parts of chicken.
Is this baked with a lid on? Also can you use fresh garlic instead of powder?
Such a flavorful recipe. Fast, easy to prepare & the whole family enjoyed it!
Super easy weeknight dish! Even got my kids to try fennel. A win!
Easy to make and delicious!!! My family really enjoyed this recipe.
I made this with a whole chicken that I quartered and doubled the marinade recipe. Absolutely delicious!