You must be signed in to print this content
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/2 turkey breast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves (chopped fine)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves (chopped fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 3 tablespoons duck fat (warmed gently so it is liquid)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, garlic, and duck fat. Season the turkey evenly with the salt and rub the herb mixture all over. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the turkey breast, skin side down until the skin gets crispy and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip the turkey and sear for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer the breast to a rimmed baking sheet along with the duck fat from the pan. Place the tray in the oven and roast, flipping the breast every 15 minutes and basting with the juices. An instant-read thermometer should read 155°F when done. Remove the turkey from the tray and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve the drippings for the gravy.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- 108 grams
- 35 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 348 milligrams
- 2004 milligrams
- 2 grams
- 2 grams