Herb Melon Salad
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded and diced into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/4 honeydew (peeled, seeded and diced into 3/4-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- Flake salt (such as Maldon)
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the cantaloupe and honeydew in a bowl and toss with the basil and mint. Drizzle with the sweetened vinegar and toss lightly. Pile the melon on a platter and sprinkle with the flake salt.