Cumin and Citrus Turkey Burgers
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 avocado (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from ½ a lemon)
- 1/3 cup basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Giada's Chicken and Turkey Rub (mixed well)
- 4 potato buns (toasted)
- 1 on the vine tomato (sliced)
- 4 leaves bibb lettuce
For the spread:
For the burgers:
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Oil the grill.
- In a small bowl mix together the avocado, lemon zest and juice and the basil. Set aside.
- Divide the turkey into 4 equal patties. Season all sides generously with the chicken and turkey rub. Place the patties on the grill pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
- Place a piece of lettuce on the bottom of each bun. Top the lettuce with a patty and a slice of tomato. Spread some of the avocado mash on the cut side of the top bun. Place on top of the burger and serve.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 21 grams
- 23 grams
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 52 milligrams
- 236 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 4 grams