You must be signed in to print this content
Cheese Ravioletti in Pink Sauce
Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- One 13-ounce package cheese ravioletti
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as pinot grigio)
- 1 cup tomato puree (such as Mutti)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (room temperature)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 6. Fro-Mantic Dinner for Eight.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, shallots and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the shallots are beginning to turn golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the chile flakes and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the ravioletti to the boiling water and cook for 7 minutes, or 2 minutes less than package instructions.
- Meanwhile, add the wine to the pan with the shallot mixture and reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato puree and cream and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon or spider, remove the ravioletti from the water and add them straight to the skillet. Before stirring, sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Stir the ravioletti into the sauce.
- Top with the basil and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan before serving.
- Nutrition Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- 25 grams
- 38 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 19 grams
- 93 milligrams
- 776 milligrams
- 1 grams
- 4 grams