Cannoli Panna Cotta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- One 1/4-ounce envelope gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (at room temperature)
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted (slivered almonds)
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Little Italy Party.
- Pour the half-and-half into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow to soften for 3 minutes. Place over medium-low heat and bring the mixture just barely to a simmer, stirring often to dissolve the gelatin, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream, ricotta, almond extract, orange zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt to a blender. Blend on low to combine. Add the warm half-and-half and blend to combine, about 10 seconds. Pour into 6 small ramekins. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until set. Serve with the toasted almonds on top.