Burrata and Kale Salsa Verde Bruschetta
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Tuscan kale (about 8 large leaves)
- 1 clove garlic (smashed)
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (cut in half horizontally)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oil marinated sundried tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 1/2 pound burrata or mozzarella (about 2 medium balls)
For the salsa
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 6. Sisters and Cousins.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the kale and garlic until roughly chopped. Add the salt, capers, anchovy paste, mustard and vinegar and pulse 1 or 2 more times. Add the oil and and run for 5 seconds. Set aside to let the flavors marry.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Drizzle both halves of the bread evenly with the olive oil. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and charred in a few spots. Remove the bread to a cutting board. Spoon the salsa verde evenly over each half of bread. Tear the burrata over the salsa verde and sprinkle the tomatoes and pine nuts evenly over the tops. Cut the bread halves into slices and serve.