Broccoli And Pearl Onion Pasta
Giada De Laurentiis
1 pound short pasta, (such as strozzapreti or farfalle)
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, (divided)
- 1 12- ounce bag of frozen pearl onions, (thawed)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 pound broccoli, (cut into small florets)
- 1 15- ounce can cannellini beans, (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup about 1 ounce chopped fresh chives
For The Pasta:
For The Dressing:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until aromatic. Add the broccoli and saute for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup water and scrape up the browned bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cover the pan and cook until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute, until warmed through. Add the pecorino cheese and toss with the pasta until coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the chives.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss well until coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 84 grams
- 19 grams
- 31 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 9 milligrams
- 285 milligrams
- 9 grams
- 12 grams
- Unsaturated Fat
- 23 grams