Better-For-You Espresso Peanut Butter Brownies
Better-For-You Espresso‚ Peanut Butter Brownies
Giada De Laurentiis
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and (rinsed well)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 large egg plus 1 yolk (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (warmed so it is liquid)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 x 8- inch pan with cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment to cover the bottom of the pan and adhere it to the bottom with the help of the cooking spray. Set aside.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the black beans, cocoa powder, oats, salt, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder, espresso powder, egg, and the egg yolk. Puree to combine. With the motor running, drizzle in the coconut oil and puree until smooth, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle half the chips on the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the batter over the chips. Sprinkle the remaining chips over the top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 27 grams
- 6 grams
- 9 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 16 milligrams
- 96 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 13 grams
3 reviews & comments
Also, I very much appreciate the nutritional info included. Thanks!
I have tried numerous flour-free, black beans brownie recipes and this one is by far the best. yayyyyy!!!
I made these and they are so good. I can‚Äôt believe they are made with black beans. I used Stevia brown sugar so there was less sugar in mine. Kudos Giadzy for a quilt free satisfying bite!