Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce
Giada De Laurentiis
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5 pounds total, membrane removed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- One 3-inch piece ginger (peeled and chopped)
- One 10-ounce bag frozen peaches (thawed)
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
For The Ribs:
For The Sauce:
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains: Family-Style Sunday Dinner.
For the ribs:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt and paprika. Place the ribs on 2 sheets of aluminum foil large enough to wrap around them and seal. Rub the ribs evenly on all sides with the sugar mixture. Bring the foil up and around the ribs and crimp closed. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender but not falling apart, about 3 1/2 hours. Allow to cool slightly, about 30 minutes.
For the sauce:
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the onions are soft and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add the peaches and stir to coat with the flavors. Add the vinegar, sugar, salt and Calabrian chili and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low to maintain a gentle simmer. Add any dripping that may have accumulated on the baking sheet from the pork. Simmer until the peaches are very soft, about 30 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce until it is as smooth or as chunky as you like.
- Preheat the broiler to high heat. Spoon one-quarter of the sauce all over the ribs. Broil for 4 minutes. Remove and repeat the process another 2 times, until the sauce is thick, sticky and golden brown. Serve with more sauce on the side if desired.