Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts
Salad Side Dish
Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 cup mizuna lettuce or watercress
1/2 cup toasted and peeled hazelnuts (chopped)
- 2 ounces crumble goat cheese
For the dressing:
- This recipe originated on Giada Entertains. Episode: Spring Supper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and salt until smooth and emulsified.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season generously with salt. Add the asparagus to the water and blanch for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the size of the asparagus. It should still have some bite left to it. Add the warm asparagus to the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Fan the asparagus out on a platter and sprinkle with the mizuna. Scatter the hazelnuts and goat cheese and drizzle with any dressing that may remain in the bowl.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- 8 grams
- 19 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 7 milligrams
- 246 milligrams
- 4 grams
- 3 grams