This sweet and crunchy jicama salad is a perfect side dish for any meal that needs a bright crunch! Between raw carrots, sweet apples and refreshing jicama, it’s got a great crisp texture. The simple honey lemon vinaigrette marinates the veggies slightly, and gives it a deliciously sweet flavor all throughout.
Sweet and Crunchy Jicama Salad
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey such as wildflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large 1 to 1 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 honey crisp apple cut into thin matchsticks
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- This recipe originated on Giada Entertains. Episode: TV Dinner
- To a large bowl add the chopped parsley, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and salt. Whisk until combined. Add the jicama, carrots, apple and sesame seeds. Toss well to coat everything in the dressing. Allow the salad to sit for 30 minutes are room temperature to allow the flavors to combine and the vegetables to soften slightly.