Salty and sweet come together in this summery supper, which is easy enough for a weeknight dinner and impressive enough for weekend entertaining.
Slow-Roasted Salmon Puttanesca
- 2 medium fennel bulbs thinly sliced
- 1 pound Campari tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 3 sprigs oregano plus 1 teaspoon freshly chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 4 5- to 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Toss the fennel, tomatoes, olives, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil together on a sheet tray. Place the salmon on top of the vegetables. Season the fillet with ¼ teaspoon salt and the pepper, and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Roast until the vegetables are tender and the salmon flesh is opaque and just cooked through, about 30 minutes. Transfer the salmon to a platter, top with the vegetables, and sprinkle with chopped oregano.