Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Think a chicken burger can’t be as juicy as a beef one? This one is going to change your mind! The sauce on this burger is a simple rosemary garlic mayo, but I take it a step further by mixing some of the spread into the actual burger patty. This makes the burgers super moist and full of flavor. I kept the rest of the burger simple here, but feel free to add any of your favorite things: switch up the lettuce, add a slice of tomato, red onions… whatever you love!
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Burgers
- For The Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced or microplaned
- For The Burgers:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls or burger buns
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup arugula divided
- For the mayonnaise: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, garlic, and rosemary; set aside.
- For the burgers: Preheat a gas or charcoal grill or place a grill pan over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, add the ground chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture. Using clean hands, gently combine the ingredients and form the chicken mixture into 4 patties. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to paper towels and let rest for a few minutes.
- Brush the cut side of each roll with the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly golden.
- To assemble the burgers: Spread a dollop of the remaining mayonnaise mixture on the tops and bottoms of the toasted buns. Place the chicken burgers on the bottom halves of the buns. Top each with 1/4 cup of arugula and finish with the top half of the bun.