Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Pesto, cheese, tomatoes, crisp golden-brown toast: what more could you want?! This delicious meal comes together in under 15 minutes, and it makes a great quick dinner with a side salad. Your family will be asking for Pesto Pizza toast on repeat!
Pesto Pizza Toast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 1 inch thick slices rustic white bread
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the bread slices and cook for 2 minutes on the first side or until golden brown and toasted. Flip the bread the cook for another 2 minutes to toast. Remove the bread to a plate. Add the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil, tomatoes and salt to the pan. Cook until blistered and slightly browned. About 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat. Push the tomatoes off to one side of the pan and arrange the toast back in the pan. Spoon the tomatoes on top of the toasts and dollop the pesto in between. Sprinkle evenly with the cheese and broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.