Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This festive popcorn makes for the perfect Halloween-themed snack. Plus, it pairs well with a spooky movie!
Halloween Candy Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips melted over a double boiler
- 1/3 cup candy coated chocolates such as M&Ms
- 1/3 cup peanut butter candies such as Reese's Pieces
- 1/3 cup candy corn
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil and kernels. Cover and shake pan ever so often until the kernels have all popped, about 5 minutes.
- When kernels have popped drizzle with butter and sprinkle with salt. Lightly toss and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle the candy coated chocolates, nonpareils and chocolate mint candies on top of popcorn. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden before serving.